Enrolling a trademark for a business name is a fairly linear process. A trademark is a word, phrase, or a symbol representing a service or a product.
This is a standard in business that serves to protect your rights, as a business entity to take legal action if someone would attempt to use it. Obtaining a trademark requires that you should have a unique mark that is not in use to identify your business.
It is common to see organizations request for an application online and with good reason; it gets the job done in around an hour or two and does not require legal representation.
Below are the steps on how to file a trademark on a business name:
Filing a Trademark on a Business Name
- Conduct a Trademark Search
- Generate Search Terms & conduct Trademark search online
- Conduct a TESS Search
- Employ the Service of a Trademark Attorney
- Obtain and Fill out the Trademark Application Form
- Settle the filing fee & Submit the Application
- Respond to USPTO correspondence & Enforce your Trademark